- Accept that my life has changed, and that it's my responsibility to make the most of what I am.
- I believe in God, and pray for help. I also thank God for a shot at a new and different life.
- Build a team of medical supporters who know me, know what I want and take their advice.
- Good days and bad days just happen.
- Look at the big problem, break it into it's smaller component problems then solve for these smaller problems. The big problem then starts to fix itself.
- Do something positive and different every day--even if it's tiny. Remember any plan attempted today is better than a great plan scheduled for tomorrow.
- Stop feeling sorry for myself, and look at how my life has changed all of those lives around me.
I'm no saint, I do the best I can and I screw-up more often than I'm successful. All I can do is my best.